Build 11821 (29.11.2019):
- New Web interface: Direct jump to queries possible by using the corresponding URL
- New Linux scanning: sudo rights sufficient for acquisition
- Automation Service will only run if it has database access
- Notification if required services do not run
- Deletion of device licenses possible without problems
- Device licenses of previously deleted assets are no longer created twice
- Integrity check no longer fails
- Dynamic documents: Multilevel inheritance of filter conditions is taken into account
- Widget bar: Increased visibility
- License management: No more error messages if all filter conditions are removed in the product configuration for a version
Build 11743 (25.10.2019):
- Cleansing of the users list possible
- Acquisition of Windows Server 2008 works correctly again
- The column order in the web interface is the same as in the query editor
- Widgets are unfolded by default
- Exchange acquisition: SendQuotas etc. are read correctly again
Build 11724 (10.10.2019):
- vSphere aquisistion: Introduction of a new return code, if no vSphere API available
- Exchange: Introduction of the “/EasOnly” switch, which only captures EAS devices.
- Exchange: Automatic writing of two inv-files (one with only data to mailboxes, servers & databases and one with only data from EAS devices)
- LOGINquirySvc: Automatically free memory after ActiveDirectory capture execution (fix a memory hole)
- Linux data entry: customization of data entry via Custom.xml possible
- AD capture: Recursive resolution of group memberships during capture can now be enabled in the Remote Scanner
- BootLog: By default only the last 50 entries are collected. This behavior can be changed with the command line argument “//BootLogEntries 100” to e.g. the last 100 entries. Attention: The table is still cumulated, but a cleanup function is available in the settings.
- Remote scan of your own computer provides reliable complete data
- Remote scanner: Edit user accounts and click “Cancel” to ensure that changes are not made
- Entering data is also possible if the change history for the “InventoryInfo” table has been switched on.
- Archiving and deleting of assets is possible again if the LOGINventory license has expired.
- Automatic deletion of newly created queries if no columns have been selected
- Deletion of entries from the query “Failed Inventory” is now possible
- Quick export function is also available again on the “Changes” and “Computer Accounts” tabs
- Effective permissions: No more empty result rows if asset was deleted or archived
- Improved templates for device queries below users
- New query: “Exclude archived entries” is checked by default.
- Resetting the asset node layout is prevented when clicking an orphaned catalog entry and the “Linked Data” widget is open
- Custom properties widget: fields of type “DateTime” can be emptied again
- Duplicate queries: Column order & layout of the original are adopted
- The “Product Management” node can also be expanded after the first addition of products.
- Duplicating the license management node no longer causes a crash
- Views “Licenses” and “License distribution” are now read-only
- Creation of a product with manual counting no longer requires a query to which the calculation refers (constant consumer numbers can be stored)
- No more error messages if task is deleted immediately after creation without saving
- Deselection of all days in the weekly planning of a task no longer leads to error messages.
- Dynamic documents: Changes to the filter of a data source are saved correctly.
- New version of Compliance Report available (now also shows how many licenses are missing in which version). Note: You can disable the old Compliance Report so that it no longer appears in the Reports drop-down menu.
- Installation of “Remote Scanner only” is now complete
- Multienancy Management Module automatically restarts DataService after creating a new client
- Webinterface: More meaningful column order of the queries, as well as changes of the column width possible. Attention: The web interface has to be re-published for this update.
- Sharing the data directory: Authenticated users may only execute LOGINfo.exe, not change it anymore.
- Not needed index for table “NetworkConnection” removed
- Offline Agent: Improved SelfUpdate: Enhanced logging; reduced download size; improved error handling, more reliable updates
- License management: Calculation of the number of consumers using formulas is possible for all user-related metrics
- License management: Manual counting with correction factors now works again correctly
- LOGINject:Problem with changing and adding catalog entries fixed
- Database: Automatic shrinking removed
- Multitenancy Management Module: Correct data directory is used when querying data from the AD
- LOGINfo.script: Use of quotation marks for comma numbers when setting custom properties is supported
- Tasks: Running Powershell scripts now also works on non-query nodes (e.g. dynamic documents)
- Scanning via SSH-PrivateKey: no more limitation to the format *.snk
- UserAccount.principalname can also be used for the user lookup
- CSV Import: Solved problem with too long sample datasets when defining the mapping
- SQL Server Acquisition: Higher Fault Tolerance: Scan accounts no longer need to have permissions on all available databases
- Exchange online acquisition: When reading out EAS devices, the UPN is displayed as the user name
- Journal widget: Deletion of entries possible again
- Webinterface: changed default filter from “beginns with” to “contains” for all column filters
- Fix of a bug that incorrectly reported missing licenses
- Capturing SharedFolder permissions requires less RAM
- Data cleansing of user accounts now deletes all accounts
- MacOS: Scanning the latest Apple devices works again completely
- LOGINuseResetDB no longer appears as an entry in “Add and remove programs”
- New: Linux Offline Agent
- Filtering of numerical values with unit works again in the data view (you may have to leave the field to activate the filter)
- LOGINject: Filling the table “HardwareProduct” is possible again
- Remote scanner:
- The Scanstore.sdf file is no longer compressed during setup because this can damage the file
- Credentials for SQL Server Scan are also supported in the form “user@domain”
- Recording of Office 2019 and associated product key works again
- Portable LMC: Unnecessary files are no longer copied when published
- Custom properties for the entity “User” added
- Acquisition of data for network connections is now much more efficient
- License management:
- Usage evaluation again refers to the correct time period
- Correct formula for virtualized SQL Server delivered
- Calculation of the consumption on the basis of custom properties of users possible
- Topology viewer: Visio Export also works with Visio 2019
- LOGINfoL for scanning legacy systems works again
- Entry of mobile devices without time stamp of last synchronization works again
- Creating queries for the base table “HardwareProduct” is now possible below queries for the base table “Device”
Build 11418 (26.06.2019):
- Device template again contains the column “LastInventory.Timestamp”, so that queries via the Powershell deliver correct data
- Improved mapping of stubs to scanned assets (UUID is used as mapping criterion again)
Build 11416 (25.06.2019):
- Calculation of folder permissions is now faster, uses less memory, and runs automatically at 4am daily. Attention: This automatic calculation can be disabled in the database settings.
- “Create new query” no longer leads to error message
- Offline Agent: self-update procedure works correctly again (all required files included in .zip file)
- Powershell: archiving, deleting, setting of own properties now also possible via “-AssetName”
- Network Connections: Data cleansing is now possible
Build 11397 (18.06.2019):
- Webinterface: Folder “bin” was not created during publishing
Build 11394 (14.06.2019):
- Offline-Agent: Fixed problem “The required security protocol is not supported” on Windows 7
- Remote Scanner: Automatically clean job history down to 250 entries by default
- Scanner: Fixed problem with VCenter scan duplicating hostnames that overwrite each other when inserted
- Scanner: Fixed problem when scanning mobile devices that do not return a value at “LastSuccessSync” and therefore could not be inserted
- Migration: Migration script for 8.2 does not longer need sysadmin rights on sql server
Build 11385 (12.06.2019):
- Remote Scanner: Fixed bug when parsing IP addresses
Build 11384 (07.06.2019):
- Save documents in the database. It is now possible not only to link documents, but also to store them directly in the LOGINventory database. This is very useful when storing proofs of purchase on computers or licenses, for example. More information here.
- Readout of Microsoft-Cloud-Subscriptions. It is now possible to read online from Microsoft365 (e.g. Office365, PowerBI Pro, …) which subscriptions have been taken out and which licenses have been assigned to which users. The corresponding products can then also be managed in LOGINventory License Management. More information here.
- Convert “Failed Inventory” to “fully-fledged Asset”. It is now possible to convert devices that could not be completely captured (node “Incorrect inventory”) into assets via the context menu. As a result, these devices can also be assigned their own properties and documents can be stored. This is useful, for example, for devices that do not have an API for capturing data (e.g. IP telephones). More information here.
- Tree structure: An arrow next to a node is only visible if the node can be expanded.
- SQL Server Acquisition: Now also works outside your own Subnet
- Performance: Automatic creation of indexes leads to better performance, especially with large databases.
- Notification if not enough LOGINventory licenses available
- License management:
- Automatic assignment of licenses. Licenses that can be automatically entered by LOGINventory (cloud subscriptions, OEM licenses) are automatically stored in the license management for the corresponding products.
- Improved calculation formula for Windows Server
- Validation of manually stored date values
- Duplicating versions during product configuration no longer leads to errors
- Depositing a different source for the consumers again possible
- Performance improvements
- Effective permissions: System task automatically performs calculation in the background
- Standard limit value for displaying dynamically generated nodes increased from 50 to 200
- For SNMP acquisition, the flags “WMIonly” and “RPConly” are ignored.
- Fixed timeout when reading events
- Jobs are displayed again in the definitions.
- For security reasons, a backup of definitions, jobs, etc. is created locally.
- Web interface: Displaying asset details no longer causes problems when using Windows authentication
- Data highlighting works correctly again
- Linux Offline Agent: IP and MAC are read correctly
- Tasks: Export of files works correctly, even if file already exists
- Portable LMC can perform license management calculation even if AutomationService is not available
- Correction of several errors in the authorization concept
- Reading custom properties under Linux works correctly again
- Tasks and Notifications: AutomationService correctly releases memory after a task has been executed