- New Acquisition of certificates:
When scanning Windows computers, computer and user certificates (incl. validity) are read from the “My Certificates” location.
If all certificates available on the PC (also to trusted root certificate authorities, etc.) are to be read out, the parameter
//AllCertificates 1must be used (Caution: This can be several thousand entries per device, therefore not recommended).
- New Acquisition of VLAN information:
In the new entity “VLAN”, information about the created VLANs & assigned ports is determined for switches.
- Relocation of scan definitions / accounts / jobs in the Remote Scanner from the ScanDb.sdf file (based on Microsoft SQL CE) to the scan.db file (based on XML), thus increasing performance in the Remote Scanner / Job Monitor Read More
- License Management: Fixed another problem when deleting products
Build 14985 (12/06/2022):
- License management:
- Fixed problem when deleting products
- Fixed problem with initial calculation that occasionally occurred when many products were created at once
Build 14961 (11/28/2022):
- Cleanup of failed inventory data no longer fails
- Fixing a memory problem with Inventory Service and Automation Service
Build 14949 (11/22/2022):
- New Creating peripheral devices from monitor information: If peripheral devices with the same serial number and model are already found in the database, a warning message is displayed before the creation process.
- Exchange acquisition:
- New Reading “SendAs” permissions. Warning: This can significantly slow down the acquisition process. Therefore the collection of these permissions can be disabled with /NoSendAs.
- Fixed the problem that the acquisition was aborted with certain settings of the “Execution Policy”.
New With version 9.2, LOGINventory has been extended to include the management of peripheral devices. This means that peripheral devices such as headsets, docking stations, monitors, etc. can be created and managed as assets in LOGINventory via the asset editor. Labels with QR codes can be printed for all devices – regardless of whether they are peripheral devices or scanned assets. By scanning the QR code, you land on a mobile website that displays all the details of the device. Likewise, the handover (issue / return) of the device to a user can be digitally documented here (including signature on the smartphone). This way, you always know which user received which device and when – without having to maintain Excel lists. The most important innovations can be seen here in the video:
Build 14800 (09/08/2022):
- Setup again respects the selection of program features to be installed
- Recognition of Bios OEM licenses and assignment in license management improved
- Linux acquisition: Improved handling of passwords with special characters
- In rare cases, device licenses were deleted in license management due to “Obsolete data” cleanup. This problem has been fixed.
Build 14777 (08/25/2022):
- AD Acquisition: Resolving group memberships again possible for users who are not in the selected OU scope
Build 14766 (08/17/2022):
- Offline Agent: New version number 9.1: With the new action “repair” the upload & selfupdate paths, as well as the user data in use (“OfflineAgent.config” file) can now be exchanged for existing installations. More explanation here.
- Fingerprint matching: By including the new rule for matching
Mainboard.SerialNumberfor physical machines, duplicates should be avoided.
- Queries can no longer be moved below the ” Access Data Management” & “Tasks & Notifications” nodes
- Faster loading of the context menu when right-clicking on license products if there are also dynamic documents in the “Report Templates” folder
- Fixed a problem from 9.1.3 that caused the Web Viewer in the multi-client version to always display the data of the “Default” client
- Linux acquisition: determination of DNS hostname and domain improved
- Reading SharedFolder permissions: For non-English operating systems, the English name is still read for groups such as “Authenticated Users”.
- License Management: Host licensing: Expired licenses are no longer counted as “available”
- Exchange inventory removes remaining files from previous versions on the Exchange server
- AutomationService can also be run from the portable version directory
- Topology synchronization improved
- Active Directory Scan: new parameter /recursivegroupsext also resolves group memberships of groups outside the specified OU
- Warranty query for HP devices: increased stability
Version 9.1 (08/17/2022):
With version 9.1 of the offline agent, changes to the configuration (e.g. adjustments to the URL or changes to the password for the user account to be used) can be distributed to the agents for the first time without having to combine this with an increase in the version number. For this purpose, a new
repair action has been introduced in the OfflineAgent_msi.xml.
For background: in the
OfflineAgent_msi.xml there are control commands that influence what an offline agent installation does with already existing other versions. Thus, in the default configuration, the
uninstall action removes previous versions (if any).
So if the line
<action name="repair" version="9" /> is present in the
OfflineAgent_msi.xml, an update of the offline agent is triggered if the modification date of the
OfflineAgent_msi.zip is newer than the date of the last local update installation of the offline agent.
- Memory: Type detection updated (
- Fixed a problem that caused the LOGINventory Powershell (PSC.exe) to stop working
- Fixed a problem that caused mails not to be sent when the option to “Insert data as HTML table” was selected
- Display of task status in the tree structure: fixed a problem that caused unnecessary reloading of data
- Migration from version 8: fixed a problem that reports that the “DatabaseProvider is missing or empty”
- Saving of dynamic documents via task: Custom properties are correctly integrated into the document again
- VMware scan: When reading stubs with multiple network adapters, the correct IPs & MAC addresses are now determined
- CSV import: Custom properties are no longer automatically set to “editable by user” by the import, but keep their previous value
- Linked Documents widget: Also when adding a new linked document, it can be opened directly in the dialog
Build 14658 (22.06.2022):
- Breaking Change The Powershell module “ExchangeOnlineManagement” is now required to capture online Exchange servers (cloud servers), see manual.
- New The query result set can now be inserted directly into the email content as an HTML table, eliminating the need to open the attachment to see the details.
- Powershell scripts called via tasks are passed the additional parameter
$caller, which contains the name of the calling task, see manual.
- New Web API: The new Web API allows queries to be published as endpoints so that data in LOGINventory can be accessed using HTTP requests. This functionality is initially available in a beta version. To learn how to enable beta mode, click here. Read More