Build 14800 (09/08/2022):
- Setup again respects the selection of program features to be installed
- Recognition of Bios OEM licenses and assignment in license management improved
- Linux acquisition: Improved handling of passwords with special characters
- In rare cases, device licenses were deleted in license management due to “Obsolete data” cleanup. This problem has been fixed.
Build 14777 (08/25/2022):
- AD Acquisition: Resolving group memberships again possible for users who are not in the selected OU scope
Build 14766 (08/17/2022):
- Offline Agent: New version number 9.1: With the new action “repair” the upload & selfupdate paths, as well as the user data in use (“OfflineAgent.config” file) can now be exchanged for existing installations. More explanation here.
- Fingerprint matching: By including the new rule for matching
Mainboard.SerialNumberfor physical machines, duplicates should be avoided.
- Queries can no longer be moved below the ” Access Data Management” & “Tasks & Notifications” nodes
- Faster loading of the context menu when right-clicking on license products if there are also dynamic documents in the “Report Templates” folder
- Fixed a problem from 9.1.3 that caused the Web Viewer in the multi-client version to always display the data of the “Default” client
- Linux acquisition: determination of DNS hostname and domain improved
- Reading SharedFolder permissions: For non-English operating systems, the English name is still read for groups such as “Authenticated Users”.
- License Management: Host licensing: Expired licenses are no longer counted as “available”
- Exchange inventory removes remaining files from previous versions on the Exchange server
- AutomationService can also be run from the portable version directory
- Topology synchronization improved
- Active Directory Scan: new parameter /recursivegroupsext also resolves group memberships of groups outside the specified OU
- Warranty query for HP devices: increased stability
Version 9.1 (08/17/2022):
With version 9.1 of the offline agent, changes to the configuration (e.g. adjustments to the URL or changes to the password for the user account to be used) can be distributed to the agents for the first time without having to combine this with an increase in the version number. For this purpose, a new
repair action has been introduced in the OfflineAgent_msi.xml.
For background: in the
OfflineAgent_msi.xml there are control commands that influence what an offline agent installation does with already existing other versions. Thus, in the default configuration, the
uninstall action removes previous versions (if any).
So if the line
<action name="repair" version="9" /> is present in the
OfflineAgent_msi.xml, an update of the offline agent is triggered if the modification date of the
OfflineAgent_msi.zip is newer than the date of the last local update installation of the offline agent.
- Memory: Type detection updated (
- Fixed a problem that caused the LOGINventory Powershell (PSC.exe) to stop working
- Fixed a problem that caused mails not to be sent when the option to “Insert data as HTML table” was selected
- Display of task status in the tree structure: fixed a problem that caused unnecessary reloading of data
- Migration from version 8: fixed a problem that reports that the “DatabaseProvider is missing or empty”
- Saving of dynamic documents via task: Custom properties are correctly integrated into the document again
- VMware scan: When reading stubs with multiple network adapters, the correct IPs & MAC addresses are now determined
- CSV import: Custom properties are no longer automatically set to “editable by user” by the import, but keep their previous value
- Linked Documents widget: Also when adding a new linked document, it can be opened directly in the dialog
Build 14658 (22.06.2022):
- Breaking Change The Powershell module “ExchangeOnlineManagement” is now required to capture online Exchange servers (cloud servers), see manual.
- New The query result set can now be inserted directly into the email content as an HTML table, eliminating the need to open the attachment to see the details.
- Powershell scripts called via tasks are passed the additional parameter
$caller, which contains the name of the calling task, see manual.
- New Web API: The new Web API allows queries to be published as endpoints so that data in LOGINventory can be accessed using HTTP requests. This functionality is initially available in a beta version. To learn how to enable beta mode, click here. Read More
- Breaking Change Differences between administrative acquisition and acquisition without administrator rights revised: In general, different information may be available in the two contexts. When capturing in both contexts (e.g. offline agent), there may be many unintended entries in the change history. The following changes have been made: Read More
Build 14435 (03/23/2022):
- Virtual Linux scan returns entry for “ChassisType” again
- When capturing network adapters for Linux, no artificial entry is created anymore
- Web Viewer: Jumping to device details when user roles are enabled is possible again
- License Management:
- Selection of a user for user licenses significantly accelerated
- Version detection for current Microsoft products improved
- “Annual Costs” use only currently valid licenses for calculating the sum
- License consumer list now only shows actual consumers (misbehavior occurred in rare combinations with host licensing)
- Windows OEM licenses are now only read for Home and Pro Editions
- Improved calculation of coverage level (Compliance.Covered) for products without consumers
- List of administrator rights of a user now shows each computer only once
- Parallel scans with multiple LOGINventory versions of the same device no longer cause scan aborts
- Linux scan: correct version name is written to the log file
- Sorting of nodes in the tree structure accelerated
- The command line parameter “NoIPv6” works as expected again
- All Network connections are completely detected again
- Exchange Scan:
- Remote scan is called from %systemroot% and no longer from UNC path
- Capture of EAS devices for Exchange-Online improved
- EAS devices with “UniversalOutlook” in the name are no longer captured
- All existing mailboxes are read out more reliably
- Import of LOGINventory licenses: Only date (no longer timestamp) is taken into account
- More reliable name detection for non-Windows devices
- Adobe Acrobat Editions recognition improved
- Migration for certain “SerialNumber” queries improved
- Exchange Online Scan: All available mailbox information is gathered again
Build 14374 (14.02.2022):
- New Automatic update of the owner possible: In the settings you can define that the owner is updated after X scans (recommendation: 5) with the same last logged in user. Attention: This setting is only enabled by default for new installations, for update installations you have to check the box yourself (if desired).
- Important Significant improvement in reliability and loading speed. Note: To optimize loading speed, a feature is used that is only supported from SQL Server 2016 onwards, which is why we now recommend at least SQL Server 2016. Older versions are still supported, but do not benefit as much from the speed optimization.
- Important Improved calculation of connections when both CDP and LLDP data are available.
- Calling topology below user templates no longer possible
- Breaking Change Moved “DeviceInfo.Serialnumber” property to “HardwareAsset.Serialnumber”
- Breaking Change “HardwareProducy.Warranty” (concatenated string of all warranty entries) removed