Build 15620 (10/26/2023):
- Custom attributes from Active Directory scan are no longer reset by Azure AD scan.
Build 15601 (10/23/2023):
- Exchange 2019: CU13 is detected correctly.
- Remote Scan: No more connection to IPC$ if pure RPC is executed.
- Active Directory Scan:
- New parameter
/membershipsnativefor alternative determination of group memberships in case of restricted permissions to AD.
- Capture of custom attributes works correctly again.
- New parameter
- SQL Server Scan: Now also possible for devices in other domains.
Build 15565 (10/02/2023):
- SQL Server capture works again.
- Windows inventory with user specification in UPN form possible again.
- Azure AD Scan: No longer only the first 100 accounts are read, but all accounts.
- Virtual Windows Server on Proxmox: Correct detection that it is a VM.
- Azure Virtual Machines: Increased reliability in acquisition.
Build 15430 (08/16/2023):
- Info widget: Ink level is now displayed for more printer types.
- License management: Editing of products with the metric “Manual Counting” possible again.
- Fixed an error in the script for creating a database via command line.
- Editing of “InventoryNumber” via Powershell supported.
Build 15379 (07/21/2023):
- Fixed an error when republishing the web viewer.
Build 15370 (07/18/2023):
- New Web API now also offers write access: Using POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE requests, new devices can now be created, existing devices can be archived and deleted, custom properties, lifecycle entries and documents can be stored on devices, and much more.
All details about the Web API can be found in the manual, and a Postman collection with various sample commands is also available.
- Peripheral devices can now also be edited if they were read in by a csv import.
- Network adapters: DHCP server is determined correctly again.
- Pressing F5 no longer makes the tree disappear if the root node was selected.
- “Related Data” widget shows data again for “Published Apps”.
- LOGINject is now only offered in the ribbon menu if there are devices that were created with LOGINject.
InventoryInfoentries from the “Recently Failed” list can be deleted again.
- VMware stubs now also contain the UUID2 (important for the fingerprint in case of “byte swapping”).
- Web Viewer:
- Specification of port number when storing the CNAME in the web viewer configuration allowed.
- Clicking the browser icon in the publish dialog no longer opens the website multiple times.
- When installing an update, the “Impersonation” settings are applied correctly.
- Fixed a bug in the re-initialization of expired sessions that caused incorrect tree representations.
- Setup display improved when using Windows scaling settings.
- Portable version: Improved error handling if database not accessible.
- Operations Manual: Removed unused data source.
- MAC address table: Change history available.
- Documents widget shows external changes (e.g. via Web API) after node change and not only after application restart.
Build 15293 (05/25.2023):
- Accessing Web API Endpoints is working again.
Build 15288 (05/25/2023):
- New General Web API available: This REST API can be used to retrieve all data in read-only mode from LOGINventory without having to define endpoints beforehand. The ability to create endpoints (and thus restrict access to specific data) is still available.
- Default settings for entities in documentation extended by
- Info widget reacts to the selection of dynamically generated nodes in the tree structure.
- License management: Cloud subscriptions with special characters in the name are now also listed in the “Detected Products”.
- Calendar view: Improved error handling for lifecycle entries with end date before start date.
- Hypervisor detection: A stub is now written even if no Mac address could be detected for the VM.
- Topology: Preventing a “Duplicate Key Exception” when loading certain topology representations.
Build 15246 (04/19/2023):
- Web Viewer:
- A working URL is used again for the rewrite module download
- The “Calendar” node is no longer visible in the web viewer
- Authentication settings are no longer reset to default values by an update
- ASP.NET identity change is no longer enabled by default
- Editing of previously created devices via the asset editor is possible again
- If no
%temp%directory exists, it will be created (needed by export)
- Reports: If “UI Language” is selected as language, reports will only appear in one language in the ribbon menu
- Calendar view: No more error message if lifecycle entries are to be displayed whose end date is before the start date
- Change history: The serial number of monitors is added to the “EntityLabel”
- LOGINfoX.tgz: Error in sh script fixed
- New Calendar view: The new calendar view shows at a glance what is “coming soon”: Which certificates or licenses expire soon? Where does the warranty end? Which lifecycle entries (e.g. maintenance dates) are due soon? When were which devices handed over? You can now see all this data and more at a glance in the new calendar view.
- New New features for lifecycle entries: A new lifecycle entry can now be assigned to multiple devices at once, lifecycle entries can be categorized and edited more easily afterwards. Here you can find more about all options for lifecycle entries.
- New Offline Agent for macOS: For the first time, the Offline Agent is now also available for Apple macOS, so that you can regularly receive up-to-date inventory data from all your MacBooks, even if they are not in the network (e.g. work from home) and have not established a VPN connection. The transfer of the data can be done over the internet – just like with the Windows Offline Agent. More about this in the manual.
- New New version of Operations Manual and Management Summary: The two dynamic documents have been updated to provide even better templates for documenting your IT. Among other things, the documents now include diagrams. Examples can be found in the manual.
- New New Dynamic Document: ISO 27001: In this new document we show which requirements of ISO 27001 (Information Security Management) can be implemented in LOGINventory and how LOGINventory can support you in the implementation. Read More
Build 15116 (02/09/2023):
- Remote Scanner: Improved saving behavior when editing accounts
Build 15112 (02/06/2023):
- License Management: Editing products with custom metrics possible again
- Calculation of effective access rights works correctly again for databases created before version 8.3.2 (and migrated to the latest version)
- New Acquisition of certificates:
When scanning Windows computers, computer and user certificates (incl. validity) are read from the “My Certificates” location.
If all certificates available on the PC (also to trusted root certificate authorities, etc.) are to be read out, the parameter
//AllCertificates 1must be used (Caution: This can be several thousand entries per device, therefore not recommended).
- New Acquisition of VLAN information:
In the new entity “VLAN”, information about the created VLANs & assigned ports is determined for switches.
- Relocation of scan definitions / accounts / jobs in the Remote Scanner from the ScanDb.sdf file (based on Microsoft SQL CE) to the scan.db file (based on XML), thus increasing performance in the Remote Scanner / Job Monitor Read More
- License Management: Fixed another problem when deleting products
Build 14985 (12/06/2022):
- License management:
- Fixed problem when deleting products
- Fixed problem with initial calculation that occasionally occurred when many products were created at once
Build 14961 (11/28/2022):
- Cleanup of failed inventory data no longer fails
- Fixing a memory problem with Inventory Service and Automation Service
Build 14949 (11/22/2022):
- New Creating peripheral devices from monitor information: If peripheral devices with the same serial number and model are already found in the database, a warning message is displayed before the creation process.
- Exchange acquisition:
- New Reading “SendAs” permissions. Warning: This can significantly slow down the acquisition process. Therefore the collection of these permissions can be disabled with /NoSendAs.
- Fixed the problem that the acquisition was aborted with certain settings of the “Execution Policy”.
New With version 9.2, LOGINventory has been extended to include the management of peripheral devices. This means that peripheral devices such as headsets, docking stations, monitors, etc. can be created and managed as assets in LOGINventory via the asset editor. Labels with QR codes can be printed for all devices – regardless of whether they are peripheral devices or scanned assets. By scanning the QR code, you land on a mobile website that displays all the details of the device. Likewise, the handover (issue / return) of the device to a user can be digitally documented here (including signature on the smartphone). This way, you always know which user received which device and when – without having to maintain Excel lists. The most important innovations can be seen here in the video: